Africa Cup of Nations Angola 2010 Draw
The draw for Africa Cup of Nations Angola 2010 will take place this Friday, 20 November 2010.
PROCEDURE FOR THE DRAWING OF LOTS OF THE FINAL TOURNAMENT OF THE AFRICAN CUP OF NATIONS – ANGOLA 2010
1. In conformity to the regulations of the competition (i.e. if the seeding procedures have not changed), Angola, the host country shall be the top seeded team of group A and Egypt, the trophy holder will be the top seeded team of group C.
2. Angola and Egypt will respectively have letters A1 and C1 on the board
3. According to their ranking in the last three editions, Cameroon and Côte d’Ivoire are the top seeded teams of groups B and D. An integral draw will be then done to determine which of these two countries shall be awarded the letter B1 and which one will have the letter D1.
4. The remaining twelve countries will be categorized into three levels depending on their results in the three editions of the ACN in 2004, 2006 and 2008.
5. The first step will be to proceed to the repartition of the teams of the third level (Burkina Faso, Gabon, Malawi & Mozambique) in the four groups.
6. For this step CAF Committee will seek the assistance of Football celebrities present at the drawing of lots ceremony. The first celebrity shall draw from the first jar the name of one of the four teams of the third level (Burkina Faso, Gabon, Malawi & Mozambique). The first country to be drawn shall belong to group A, the 2nd country to group B, 3rd Country to group C & 4th to group D. In case it is in group A, he will determine its exact place by drawing one of the balls remaining in group A (A2, A3 or A4). The same procedure shall be done for the three other third seeded teams.
7. The second stage shall be done in the same way for the second level teams (Zambia, Benin, Algeria & Togo).
8. The third stage shall be done in the same way for the first level teams (Tunisia, Nigeria, Ghana & Mali).
This is how the pots will look like:
Pot 1: Angola, Egypt, Cameroon, Côte d’Ivoire
Pot 2: Tunisia, Nigeria, Ghana, Mali
Pot 3: Zambia, Benin, Algeria, Togo
Pot 4: Burkina Faso, Gabon, Malawi, Mozambique
P/S 19 NOVEMBER 2009: OFFICIAL CAF RANKINGS (same as above)
Egypt and Algeria should be in the same group
What formation does Malawi play? 4-4-2? And what happened to their GK Kapuza? Thanks for any help.
Posted from United States
Zach, Malawi doesn’t have a specific formation of play. The formation of play is customized based on the opponents. Sometimes they play 4-4-2; 4-5-1; 5-4-1; etc. They never “park the bus”. So 10-0-0 is not one of them.
Zach, Simeon Kapuza is no longer with the team. I don’t know what happened to him.
Posted from United States
The flames is the good side, only that when it the game is in progress some of the other players in the pitch start watching instead of participating the war.
Others, they shaw good performance during the training cession and when it comes during the game they do not perform to demostrate them.
My advince to the flames is to have one heart during the play like other teams do. stop playing individual soccer for you to be famours leaving the flag of Malawi down. If you do this you will be the first team to comeback.
I have great confidence for the flames to qualify into quarter-finals.
All the best,moto-moto. The flames.
Posted from United Kingdom
Comments are closed
MORE AFRICA BLOGS
282 articles | 19,006 comments
333 articles | 813 comments
162 articles | 178 comments
491 articles | 8,939 comments
221 articles | 363 comments
90 articles | 188 comments
84 articles | 463 comments
50 articles | 195 comments
46 articles | 95 comments
262 articles | 8,318 comments
10 articles | 17 comments
21 articles | 42 comments
21 articles | 16 comments
29 articles | 55 comments
20 articles | 8 comments
501 articles | 5,641 comments
142 articles | 3,009 comments
6 articles | 8 comments
7 articles | 315 comments